Monday, July 12, 2004

Filthy Content

Was watching George Carlin from his 1978 HBO special tonite. He answered a longstanding question for me. What are the 7 dirty words you can't say on television. Now I know. There are actually 10 of them. It's a pretty interesting list when viewed through the lens of time. Oddly enough, most of the dirty words haven't changed. Howard Stern only uses one of dirty words and not that often and he's gotta pay. In fact, the word Stern uses is on the extension list and really not all that dirty.

I suppose all this chatter about how we are a more permissive society is a bunch of bullshit. It seems to me that there are more words that you cannot use today. For example, Archie Bunker used to say, "I got not problem wit yer spic's or yer spades dere." He used to say it every Sunday night on CBS. Right after 60 Minutes. Try saying that on televison today!

Oh, the ten dirty words are the first comment. I know not everyone appreciates profanity.

1 Comments:

Blogger El Sig said...

Look away squeamish peeps.

Shit
Piss
Cunt
Fuck
Cocksucker
Motherfucker
Tits

the bonus 3:
Fart
Turd
Twat

Stern says Fart.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home