Sunday, August 29, 2004

win some - lose some

I won a local poker tourney today. Actually the second time I have won that tournament. Of course, a huge amount of luck is necessary to win any of these things. However, I dominated today. I sat atop the “big stack” all day. I played just like the professionals on television. I was able to play almost every hand because I had the chips to see a ton of flops. In fact, I stayed in before the flop with a lousy Q – 7, and when the flop turned up 3 more queens, I was in the driver’s seat. The other player still in the pot, actually raised 10,000 to try to get me to drop, I stopped, stared him down, and announced to the table, “I don’t believe you have it.” Then I just called. I wanted him to commit more money, but he ran away after 4th street. I was such a jerk that the other players then tried to ‘gang-up’ on me. What a blast!

In other news, I gotta take my kid to the DMV 1st thing tomorrow morning to get her driver’s license. So, I have a late start on Monday at the office. What a drag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home