Tuesday, June 01, 2004

listening to air america radio today

Oh my god. Today:

Randi Rhodes: Under Bush we will continue to deregulate media. Under Kerry we will not see more regulation, but certainly not more. So therefore, "one guy will end up owning all the radio stations. It will be state sponsored media. ... They are not for a free press."

My commentary: I stand by my initial reaction to Randi. She has all the right facts, and somehow draws these totally bizarre conclusions. How can you contend that deregulation leads to government controlled media?

RR: "Republicans do not get that this is a difficult place to live, but we love it anyway."

me: I suppose it's easier to live in a country where finding food is number one priority. You don't have to worry about silly things like pleasure and anjoying life. I sure hope that we can live in a place like Iraq where the daily struggle to live takes top priority. What is she saying? How is the USA a difficult place to live? You can literally ignore the government and live a fine life. You only NEED to pay taxes. And even that can be skirted, providing you are willing to live your life at a certain economic level.

When Air America Radio folds, I think I'm gonna miss that brand of nonsense more than anything else.

-- SARCASM MODE ON --
I get tired of only hearing intelligent well thought out opinoins on the radio. I need more knee-jerk reactionary responses to non-crimes and the untenable thought that we (us citizens) should be allowed to decide for ourselves how to spend our money. Plase tax me more! I sure hope that the government regulates more industries. I just don't think that US companies understand that a company exists only to employ people and give any profits to social causes. Companies have no business trying to make a profit for the investors and owners that build these businesses and pay salaries to people based on the sweat of their own brow and/or putting their own personal wealth at risk.
-- SARCASM MODE OFF --

I will not miss the incessant "look how smart we are" commentary. I will not miss the impugning of my political views as "mean." Name calling and unsubstantiated rumor are much better than discussion. And I still don't get the entertainment factor of only taking calls from people that agree with you. When did unbridled agreement become a spectator event? Or is this just because to argue with them will result in a conversation about feelings? i.e. not a productive discussion, how can you argue with how someone feels? Bad radio.

Also today RR was also claiming that ratings for WLIB were good to excellent. That may be. Remember tho, WLIB is LOCAL. Air America needs national market share. Otherwise how will they reach the unwashed masses in fly-over country?

Clowns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home