Monday, July 26, 2004

Harris Ford adventure: (per viewer request)

 1 ½ years ago:  Purchased new Ford Ranger.  Used Ford financing.  When dealing with the purchasing agent (after 10pm I might add) I declined the service package.  At this point the finance person lowered the interest rate to get me to purchase the service plan for the same money.  It was late, I was tired, I bought the service plan.  (I do like the service plan, I pay for no maintenance at this point)

3 months ago: Purchased a used Kia Sephia for my kid from this same dealership.  Different sales person.  Was right price, kid liked it.  Again took FOREVER to do the paperwork after the deal was struck.

Last week:  Got a call from the dealership, “Would you sell the car you bought, if you could make a profit?”  I said, “sure.”  So we made an appointment for me to come in with the car and get an appraisal from the dealership.

Saturday: At the dealership, yet another salesperson (why so much turnover?) begins by asking my why I want “to trade in this car?”  “I don’t want to trade in this car, you offered me a profit!”  Really what they offered was an appraisal of the vehicle, which I bought from them 3 months ago and has only 800 more miles on it since my kid has been learning to drive with it.  So now, out comes the sales manager, Paul.  Paul shows me the Kelly Blue Book listing for the car, printed out from an online service!  Of course the BB listing show the car being worth about ¾ of what I paid for it.  This incenses my wife.  The sales people act as if they know nothing about this car, although they had to pull their records to even call me.  They don’t seem to recognize that I have done a ton of business with these folks over the last 4 years.  I owned a 1990 Mustang prior to my truck and used them for all my service on it.  I bought my truck from them.  I bought my kid’s car from them.  I never did get an appraisal from the dealership.  And now, they use this “cheesy” method to get me back to the dealership and try to sell me a new car.  Far from illegal, I suppose I should have known better, but I will not buy my next car from them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree that the car dealer is stimulating the economy. They are trying to get people to the dealership anyway they can to make a buck off of them. If they were really doing a service, they would have made sure Sig would be able to make a profit on the car by asking some simple questions on the phone. I can't stand the bait n switch. I know sometimes they try to find people who can't get rid of their car and then flip them into a upside down loan where they owe more than the car is worth. I assume that is what they were hoping to do here, make more money on an existing customer. Plus I used to work with a few car sales men when i started working in computers back in the early 90's. Talk about slimy... Now, that is not to say all car dealers are the same, I just know that some deserve the rap they get. Now, the guy I bought my Infiniti from was cool as could be and was really helpful, the service department on the other hand... now that's another story.
-Frosty

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This dealership is very shady. The GM is a jerk and they rip-off a lot of people and lie. I won't do business with these clowns. Go somewhere else and sace yourselves many headaches.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home