Thursday, December 09, 2004

too many bosses

My poor kid. Her car got damaged in an accident last Friday. It wasn't her fault and no one was hurt. In fact, the damage is quite minor.

I have been encouraging the chold to handle as much of the nonsense around the accident as possible. My wife is "helping" by bearing most of the decision making process for the child. This creates a situation where what I expect and what happens are 2 different things.

So I have conversations with the child that go like this:

me: [message left on child's cell during school day] Come home immediately after school. We need to go see the mechanic to schedule service.

me: [later in day, wondering why child isn't home] Where are you? I want to get the car to the mechanic as soon as possible.

child: Mom says not to bring it in before we go away for Christmas.


Arrrgh! Who is managing this process?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home