Monday, March 07, 2005

Weekends are Meaningless

Weekends are meaningless when you are unemployed. Nothing has broght this home more clearly than my first "weekend" in over 4 months. I re-joined the ranks of the meployed last MOnday (the 28th) and as such I was "allowed" a weekend these past 2 days. Wow. I have not appreciated a couple of days off in quite some time.

Some special treats I enjoyed:
  1. Sleeping in. I only slept until 7:30 or so, but what a boon to not be immediately have to shower and then begin the arduous journey to the workplace.
  2. Eating on my schedule. I was hungry at 9am on Sunday, so the wife and I headed out to get breakfast at a local establishment that I enjoy.
  3. Exercising on my schedule. I don't wanna get up and run at 4am. It sucks.
  4. Staying up late. Since I didn't have to drag my butt outta bed at 4am to begin my schedule, I was able to stay up past my bedtime on both Friday and Saturday!
  5. Not being a slave to the man. I just am not enjoying it. Maybe things will seem better when I see a paycheck....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home