Friday, July 16, 2004

5 Months

I see where Martha Stewart got 5 months for her stock "improprieties".  Is that enough time to re-do the bathroom floors in a broken glass mosaic?  Will Martha prepare her famous turkey dinner for thanksgiving for the other inmates?  Will the biggest, meanest, scariest "dyke" on the cell block make Martha her personal bitch?  Or will Martha turn the tables?
 
Inquiring minds want to know.
 
Obligatory political note.
 
I also note that Whoopi Goldberg is being punished for her ad-hominem attacks on the sitting president.  While I'm no fan of the hollywood elite, being punished for political speech (no matter how ignorant) is a frightening thing.  I disagree with Whoopi (and Michael and Barbara and Johnny and ...), I defend their right to speak their minds.  To the best of my knowledge you're still allowed to be wrong in this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home