Sunday, September 26, 2004

I'm so broken

I spent time these last 2 weeks entertaining the concept of home ownership, again. It’s always the same thing. I think, “I should own my house. I need to start building equity.”

So, I talk to a real estate agent or a bank. Immediately the agent or the banker both start to try to convince me how homeownership is such a great idea. How I’m throwing away my rent. How quickly can I make a decision? How soon will you move into this or that home? They need to see all of my intimate personal financial information. They need tax records. They need pay stubs. They need bank accounts. They need 401K bullshit. You GOTTA do this. You GOTTA do that! AAAAARRRGGGGHHH!!! #*%*#$! THAT NOISE!!

I can’t take it. I don’t want to spend more than 10 minutes on ANY purchase. And homeownership is like days or weeks.

What’s my reward if I just buckle down and “get it done?” I’ll tell you, more money out of my pocket on a monthly basis for less house. I have to spend more money out of my pocket for repairs and improvements. I have less time to play because I’ll want to fix things myself and not have to pay for, because I can no longer afford to pay to have it done, because I’ve spent my money on the house already. And my tax situation becomes even more complex! Now I HAVE-TO itemize.

Now I gotta save every receipt. (Sarcasm) What a treat that is. (Sarcasm off)

Oh yeah, and when I wanna move, I gotta sell the white elephant I NEEDED to buy.

I like renting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home