Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Voting

2 weeks from election day. I am going to enjoy the next 2 weeks while I make my mind up about the candidates and issues. I get 2 more weeks to consider my choices and not just vote some knee-jerk liberal ticket, like some other bloggers I know.

I also enjoy the experience of voting in person. I like chatting up the blue haired ladies working the polling stations early in the morning. I like getting up early and standing in line with other voters in a hurry to get to their respsective work places. I like that I will be able to wear my little "I voted" sticker all day long.

The first time I voted (way back in 1984) I voted absentee, because I was away at college. It was a like being on the Atkins diet - I'm never hungry, but I'm never fully satisfied.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home