Monday, March 14, 2005

My wife’s brother

My wife’s oldest surviving brother is quite a case. I would like to point out that this is an adult male in these United States. Some of the things he has done in the past include, suing his own insurance company, proudly bragging about ‘pimping out’ his own girlfriend, selling his mother’s car (repeatedly) in a scam to ‘earn’ drug money, ‘stealing’ a wedding from a generous church, being shot 6 times fleeing the scene of a drug deal gone bad, and has steadfastly protested his innocence every single time he is arrested. I assure you, I am not making this up, nor am I even exaggerating the facts.

He is currently out of prison, living with his significant other (affectionately known as ‘Big Red’ to the rest of the family) and her grown children. He has a couple of different sets of kids with other women, some of which he sees on a regular basis, some not. He likes to call my wife and keep us updated on his adventures. He claims to be working (that’s good), yet somehow the paychecks just aren’t rolling in with any kind of regularity. Hmmm….

The punch line here is that he called late last week to tell us of his latest fiduciary extravaganza: purchasing and viewing bootlegged movies. He literally called my wife to brag about what a brilliant find he had made. My wife pointed out to him that this was truly illegal. He called it a victimless crime.

I have many more stories about this fellow and my wife’s family. But I’m saving up for a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home