Friday, January 14, 2005

Customer Service and Efficiency

I am formulating a new theory. It seems as though you can either have good, friendly customer service, or you can have efficient, rude service. It’s not always the case, but usually that’s what you get. Following are some recent experiences I have had.

Sometimes you get a cross of rude inefficient service (Hello-o-o fast food anyone?). And once in a great while you get pleasant efficient service. When you find the latter hold on to it tight! I can’t think of any really great service right this second, but I’m certain I have experienced somewhere. Anyway, I would like to cite my friends at USPS as inefficient and rude. I shipped my Christmas presents from my mom and dad’s house in Ohio to my own in Seattle. USPS has this great website for tracking the packages. In fact that website says that I signed for my missing package. I sent email to USPS explaining my issue, but now, 4 working days later, I still have no answer.

Washington Mutual is the bank I chose for a business account I have. WAMU is the most personable, friendly, pleasant experience I have had, in terms of customer service. They always smile and they’re always ready to help. They never make me feel like I am burdening them, even when I have a dozen really silly questions. That said they are 0 for 4 in terms of banking rules and questions. I asked 4 separate questions in regard to my business account. Because they were literally wrong on each and every question, I had extra delays and headaches and 2 wasted trips to Bellevue from my home. God bless’em, they are nice folks, but they could be more competent.

Conversely, the worst organization I have dealt with lately, the worst organization on the planet, the company I would most like to see fold is Group Health. These money grubbing putrid swine intercoursers, are very efficient. They never miss deducting their cut of the paycheck. But man, they have made every single interaction I have had with them super painful. They will not fill a prescription unless you have seen one of their physicians. In fact, the pill nazi at their pharmacy in Lynnwood smugly told me that, “they don’t even carry the medication I requested and if I had seen one of their physicians, this would not happen.” Nice customer service. Do you think this company even knows that I pay their salaries directly? I hate them.

So, in closing: WAMU is nice and not to be hated, but be prepared to have to rectify many errors that are not your fault. Group Health is a godless soul sucking organization that should be driven out of Washington as Chris Gregoire’s first official act as governor. She's good at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home