Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Pope and Other Stuff

The pope is sick again. The Vatican says there is no reason to panic. Hmm, I wonder. The guy is 84 years old. He was at death’s door in late 2003. They rushed him to the hospital early this week. Sounds like the Vatican may be panicking.

I wouldn’t panic in any event. There is a well defined process in place to elect a new pope. I’m not a physician, so I couldn’t help regardless. (Irregardless for those readers in the Midwest) And finally, I’m not the guy who was interpreting the pope’s words when he was at death’s door in 2003.

That’s kinda funny when you think about it. God speaks to the pope, the pope mumbles god’s words to the appointed cardinal, and the appointed cardinal tells the rest of us. Is this the heavenly version of ‘telephone’? Is this the kind of brilliant entertainment I can expect in the afterlife? What do they play in hell? Trivial Pursuit?

I am truly excited about this news. I also read today that there is a video game based on the Godfather movies and novels. They apparently have Jimmy Caan and Bobby Duval as well as Brando’s likeness and the theme music from the movie. I’ll be first in line for this one.

Also, that fickle bitch Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. Just what we need, more winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home