Friday, June 11, 2004

sanctimonious boolshit

that's what my wife said. I asked her if she saw any of the Reagan funeral. I told her I particularly liked the riderless horse with boot backwards and the symbolism of a warrior that will ride no more. and my wife said "quit your sanctimonious boolshit".

Wow.

On another note. One of my friends, who is NOT a Reagan supporter, said that he was very effected by the funeral. He said it was because of the kinship he feels as a veteran toward the commander in chief, a warrior. Hmmm.

The same friend was once again traumatized at the airport today. During the funeral he went to the airport on an errand, and dropped his parking ticket into the trash by mistake. When he reached into the trash can to retrieve his ticket, a voice behind him said, "What are you doing?" My friend was detained for half an hour answering the policeman's questions. I imagine my crazy/dangerous looking friend, who has a poor attitude toward the police, playing in the trash can outside the terminal at seatac. I think he was lucky not to get shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home