Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Goals and Routines

My buddy Steve published the beginnning of his life list. That inspired me. Here is my version.

Here are my current personal goals:
1) Lose weight through more disciplined eating habits.
2) Get in better shape to be ready for escape the rock triathlon.
3) Be a better developer.

Here’s my daily routine that I use to achieve each of these goals:

4:30am: Wake up early to run and lift weights.

4:31am: Decide to forego lifting and sleep until 5am.

5:00am: Decide to forego running and sleep until 5:30am.

5:30am: Get up, shower/shave get dressed for work.

6:00am: Try to make early bus, miss it and get breakfast at McDonalds.

6:05am: Look at copy of work materials I brought home to read last night and decide to read the newspaper instead. (What are those crazy ho’s in 3-B up to today?)

7:10am: Commence work day.

7:15am: 1st cup of coffee. Promise myself that I will limit coffee intake and increase my water consumption.

8:30am: 2nd cup of coffee.

10:35am: 3rd cup of coffee and snack. I promise to eat a lighter lunch because I won’t be so hungry.

11:45am: Lunch. Bakemans again. I get the special. I promise myself I won’t eat the whole thing.

12:15am: Ohhh, I ate too much. Damn Bakemans! How can they charge so little for so much good food?

1:30pm: 4th cup of coffee. I need to drink water at my next beverage break.

3:30pm: Final cup of work day coffee.

4:30pm: Time to head home. Print out material to read on the bus on the way home. I shoulda drank more water. I’ll do better tomorrow.

4:45pm: On bus, reading the rest of the newspaper.

6:00pm: Get home. Time for a reasonable dinner.

7:00pm: Ohhh, I ate too much. I gotta do better tomorrow. I’ll start by exercising later tonite and getting up early tomorrow.

7:30pm: I need to read the material from work. Hmmm, what’s on TV? Any sports?

8:00pm: Okay, nothing’s on, I’ll go on-line for awhile, maybe I’ll write in my blog…

9:00pm: I’ll go run on the treadmill in 15 minutes.

9:15pm, I’ll get on the treadmill at 9:30.

9:30pm: Damn it’s late, I gotta get to bed if I’m gonna work out tomorrow morning. What’s on the history channel?

10:30pm: Nuts! I didn’t read the stuff from work. I’ll read it tomorrow on the bus. Go to sleep.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result. Hmmm…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got up this morning and threw on a pair of comfortable shorts and a T so that I could hit the bike that doesn't go anywhere.

But oddly I woke up hungry. (Normally I have to be awake a couple of hours before I'm interested in eating.) So I grabbed a bowl of cereal and settled in on the couch to read your blog. (It's just like reading the paper, except that it's completely different and much funnier.)

2,000 miles and three time zones away, yet the routine is disturbingly similar.

--Dreeves
(working hard to become a regular)


P.S. -- Those sneaky bastards put money into MY acount, too!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home