Friday, November 10, 2006

Moving Day

Wotta day! Up late last night up early this am. On top of that the dragon is a little under the weather.

And now it’s zero hour. The movers are putting all the boxes we have filled into their huge orange truck. It’s always amazing to me how a life can be boiled down and abstracted to a number of boxes and a set weight.

We made it downtown just in time to be 45 minutes late for the going away party. The movers started 1.5 hours late and traffic was brutal getting into Seattle. We missed Chris and Krista but we got to see most of the rest of the team. Hey Rob, thanks for getting it all together! My lovely wife aka The Dragon is a little jealous. She says, “Your coworkers treat you like royalty, my coworkers advised me not to let the door hit me in the ass!”

We decided to beat feet after the party and get out of town. Truthfully, it was just a little too emotional for me to stay another night in Seattle. We made it to Cle Elum. The down side is that I couldn’t see any of the scenery as we crossed the pass. The upside is the weather was perfect, cool and wet. No snow, no ice.

We stayed at the Stewart Lodge. Room was clean, quiet, typical room. The dragon discovered her favorite TV program was on and was satisfied. I expect no issues getting the hood over her eyes this PM.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you and Lori. Looks like you're having fun (from your pix). Lunches aren't the same without ya. Take care of yourself! C&C

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home