Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bad Dreams

I had a very disturbing nightmare last night. I haven’t had a nightmare like last night in a long time. When I was a little kid sometimes I’d have those crazy monster nightmares. Do you know the kind? Like the one where Frankenstein and the Wolfman chase you through the neighborhood or the one where the monster under the bed terrorizes you all night long. Well I had that kind of dream last night.

I dreamed I was standing in my kitchen in front of the sink and there was a horrible noise. A grinding sucking kind of a sound was coming from the garbage disposal at irregular intervals. The garbage disposal was haunted. I was turning the disposal on and off. I was running hot and cold water. Nothing I did would make a difference. My wife was standing behind me making sarcastic comments like, “Oh, that helped.” The disposal would just start and stop on its own. It would make that horrible sound and when I placed my hands on the countertop I could feel the shaking and spinning of the possessed machine.

Then I became more awake. As I woke up, I noticed that I could still hear the haunted device. As I woke more, the noise was even more disturbing. It had no rhythm or pace to it. It was just a never ending irritating sound.

Then I elbowed my wife, she stopped snoring I caught another hour or so of good sleep.

Quote of the day
“I wanna hear Glenn Miller and I wanna see cops beatin’ up hippies.” – Grampa Simpson’s last words…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home