Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Rip dat shit!

I was watching boxing this past weekend. I saw "The Aztec Warior" in his second comeback bout against some relative unknown who's name is Joval. Needless to say the Warrior pummeled this poor fellow for 10 rounds on his way to a unanimous decision.

What really struck me though, was a comment made by the Warrior's corner between the 7th and 8th rounds. They told the young man, "You know what he's doing! So I want you to counter the one, and when you do… rip dat shit!"

How cool is that? I would like my job more if my boss used phrasing like that when handing out assignments. Imagine, we're in a meeting, the boss is handing out assignments, when it's my turn he says, "Larry, we need an interface for the foobar application. You know what that system is all about. Now I want you to design a solution, then code it up, and when you do… rip dat shit!" Or maybe instead of a coffee break, once an hour an intern could come to my desk pour water over my head, rub my shoulders, and wash my mouthpiece. I think I'd like a cutman too, some of those paper cuts and stapler accidents can be pretty painful. I'd also like a promoter. I'll get Don King to negotiate my next raise.

That'd be kinda cool. Maybe I'll just start wearing a mouthpiece to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home